Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Korea part 1 - Ceramics

hello people,

I haven't been updating this thing like I hoped I would earlier this summer. I am currently in Japan sitting in my grandmother's apartment. Both my mom and grandma are sound asleep so I am trying my best not to "type with determination," however it's hard not to when you're listening to BIG BANG! haha I used to cringe whenever my friends would listen to some kpop, now I quite enjoy it. I have to say, it's very catchy. I had a good time studying at Ewha, eating spicy food, and meeting new people. I shall update you all later. For now, I want to share about my ceramics experience. I enrolled in two courses this summer at Ewha: Korean Language 1 and Ceramics.
The first day of class, we had to make 3 bowls. I thought this class would be a breeze but it actually took a lot of time and effort. I was a bit indifferent the first couple of classes, yet the more I played around with the clay, the more comfortable I felt making new pieces. In the end, I made at least 10 pieces, three of which I am very proud of. Waking up 8:30 a.m. during the summer was a change but it was all worth it. Here are some pics of my ceramics class.

Photobucket
my ceramics class
Photobucket
the glazing room
Photobucket
white glaze
Photobucket
the furnace we put our pieces in
Photobucket
some of the pieces I made
Photobucket
my blue house
Photobucket
some came out well

I have a lot more pictures from the trip that I'll be posting up later.


No comments:

Post a Comment