Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Japan Trip: Food

Hello,

I am currently in London; yet I find myself blogging about the food in Japan. Maybe it's because I'm sick of Indian food, sandwiches, pasta, and cereal. Yeah, that's probably it. I promised myself I would blog throughout my travels but am failing miserably. I mean, who has time to blog when you're having fun? You should be outside exploring the beauty around you rather than sitting in your room typing away on your computer (which I am doing right now). I have a good reason though...it's doom gloom outside right now and after running through Hyde Park this morning, I decided I will relax for the day before my roommate gets back.
Alrighty, well here come the photos. Man, I miss rice. JAPANESE rice.

Photobucket
Unagi (eel): take one bite and it'll melt in your mouth.
Photobucket
Japanese style Chinese cuisine: it was actually pretty good. Less oily than let's say... Victoria's.
Photobucket
Jumbo gyoza (dumplings): almost twice the size of my mom's gyozas. My mom told me when she was a kid, my aunt took one home to see what ingredients the chef used. No wonder why they tasted so familiar. We kinda/sorta stole their recipe.
Photobucket
Sashimi Salad: no words....
Photobucket
Lady's Sashimi Special: Midori Sushi Restaurant only allowed the ladies to order this. haha
Photobucket
Kaiten Sushi (revolver belt): mom and I would come here for little snacks and we'd end up ordering a handful but who can resist sushi when you're in Japan?
Photobucket
Crab miso soup: the BEST miso soup I've ever had. (minus mom's)
Photobucket
Tsukemen (dip ramen) : basically you would eat this like you would eat soba. The noodles are much thicker than the usual Japanese ramen.
Photobucket
Tom's Sandwich: this cute little restaurant is in Daikanyama, my mom's childhood neighborhood. She told me she would come here after school to eat and then eat shaved ice right after. The menu consists of BLTs to chicken katsu sandwiches.
Photobucket
Rice Mos Burger: instead of patties, they make it out of rice. It was actually pretty good.
Photobucket
Dinner set: I ate this monstrous meal at Shirobara. The hotel provided breakfast and dinner and those two meals were more than enough to satisfy my stomach.
Photobucket
Nishimura (dessert parlor): you'll find the best strawberry shaved ice here. My grandma used to take my mom here all the time when she was a kid. It was weird seeing all of my mom's hangout spots.
Photobucket
Strawberry Shaved Ice: topped of w/ condensed milk and blueberries
Photobucket
Peach Parfait: only available during peach season so everyone was ordering this. I understand why.
Photobucket
Fruit Crepe: for good reason, crepes are huge in Japan.
Photobucket
Strawberry/Green Tea Parfait: we had this at a very well-known desert parlor in Kobe.
Photobucket
Green Tea Shaved Ice: always a good choice

well that is all my friends. I will blog once more about the places I went to in Japan. Then, after that, I'll post some pics of London!

yuri

No comments:

Post a Comment